Monroe Christian Church is seeking a part-time worship minister to lead and develop a growing and dynamic worship ministry.
MCC has a weekly attendance of 40-60. We exist to know Christ, love others, and make disciples. Our worship ministry is an essential part of fulfilling this mission through the use of relevant and creative worship strategies. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, and we strive to create a worship experience that glorifies God and engages all generations.
This position requires 10-15 hours a week and pays $9,500 per year (about $12/hr. for 15 hours).
The Worship Minister at MCC should demonstrate a heart for God with the following qualities:
- A strong commitment to integrity and reliability.
- A teachable spirit and a sense of humility and servanthood.
- A desire to grow in their faith.
The Worship Minister should be a team player who sees the value of working with the entire church to fulfill its mission. They should:
- Be likeable and balanced in their approach to working with others.
- Able to build rapport with band members, staff, elders, and church members of all ages.
- Understand multiple generations and their heart for worship.
The Worship Minister should demonstrate strong music skills reflected in:
- Performance (vocal and instrumental) and theory.
- Being open to new ways of leading worship, engaging with up-and-coming generations in their musical needs.
- A working knowledge of relevant technology.
- Leading a creative team in bringing worship services to life.
MCC is looking for a Worship Minister who demonstrates strong project management skills. This includes:
- Developing a deep pool of volunteers in their area of giftedness.
- Ability to delegate.
- Completion of tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Lead worship in our Sunday morning service.
- Prayerfully select songs for each Sunday (at least two weeks in advance).
- Lead weekly band practice, starting with a brief devotion.
- Communicate with band members; make sure they know when they’re playing at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead and shepherd band members, both musically and spiritually.
- Recruit and train new band members.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to operate sound and visual media.
- Prepare PowerPoints and other visual media for each service (or recruit and train volunteers to do so).
- Meet with the Lead Minister once a month to pray, plan, and catch up.
How to Apply
If you feel led, please email the following items to Scott Reed at pastor@MonroeChristianChurch.com
- Three references.
- Videos of at least two worship leading experiences. You may send links to YouTube or Vimeo, or mail a DVD or USB drive to the church (Contact).